Happy humpday, babes! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA the past few days…Philip left for offshore Monday afternoon, so this weekend I didn’t get much done to prep for the blog this week. But I’m back today sharing one of my favorite dresses…ever. It’s not a maternity dress, but I get really excited when I find a piece that works with my bump but can also work after as well! This dress is the perfect feminine combination…lace + off the shoulder. Swoon. I’m wearing a size small for reference.
Now that I’m 24 weeks [actually 25 weeks tomorrow!], I thought I’d share another ‘bumpdate’. Can’t believe its been 6 months?! Like what! Some days, I feel like October will never get here, but the majority of the time I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is going!
How far along: 24 weeks! [25 weeks tomorrow!]. Just 15 weeks to go, seriously?!
Name: I mentioned this last time, but have gotten a lot of questions about her name, so just wanted to say that we do have her name, but we are waiting to share until she’s here ?
What are we most excited about next: We are loving getting her nursery together! It’s quickly becoming my favorite room in the house, I swear I could just sit in there forever! We have the walls painted, the crib and dresser, her bassinet, the glider, some artwork, the chandelier, etc! It’s all coming together and once we get it completely done, we will be doing a nursery reveal. Philip keeps joking that this little babe has a nicer room than we do 😉
What are we least excited about: For me, it’s my glucose test next week! I’m dreading it! I’ve heard its not the most fun, ha. Hoping everything goes well and comes back with great news.
Movement: All the time! I absolutely love it, no better feeling! She moves around a ton especially after I eat strawberries, cherries, or ice cream 😉 And when we play her music. I know in my last ‘bumpdate’ post I mentioned that I hadn’t felt her yet…I brought it up to my doctor at my last appointment and she explained its because my placenta is ‘anterior’…which is totally fine, it just means that on the front wall of the uterus, which basically creates kind of a cushion between her movements and my tummy. So that is why it took so long for me to be able to feel her!
Belly button: Hasn’t popped yet, but seriously…any day now. So close to popping out! Linea nigra has also appeared [the dark line].
Size: Baby Blue is as big as a canteloupe! About 1.50 pounds! Little babe is seriously growing like crazy! It’s pretty evident in my rapidly growing belly 😉
How I’m feeling: Pretty darn good! Can’t complain too much…I still have times throughout the day where I’m nauseous, but usually if I just snack on some fruit or peanut butter I’m good to go. I’ve been pretty tired by about 7pm and like to be in bed pretty early #oldlady.
Sickness: Very minimal! As long as I remember to snack every couple of hours, I’m usually pretty good.
Cravings: Pretty hungry all the time! Ever since I was little, I’ve always been know as the ‘carb queen’ and ‘queen of fried food’ by my family and those who know me, but my cravings lately have shifted a bit. I shockingly haven’t been drawn to my usual fried foods that I love. I can’t go even just a few hours without super cold fruit…especially strawberries, cherries, grapes, and apples [with peanut butter]. Speaking of peanut butter, I can’t get enough of it…I have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch nearly every other day. I’ve been just LOVING waffles and bagles lately. I’m still eating jalapenos and putting hot sauce on absolutely everything. I also crave salad every single day..I’m Salata’s #1 customer.
Aversions: I sound like a broken record I’m sure, because same as in my last update posts….I can’t really do meat. In fact, it really just grosses me out. Occasionally I’m okay with ground beef [like in tacos] but that is rare. I can’t do steak or hamburger or anything like that. Chicken is sometimes okay [like in my salad from Salata or in a Chipotle bowl]. Fish is a little better, I’ve been able to do salmon. I still have issues with veggies and milk is difficult as well, though I’m trying!
Weight gain: About 10 pounds so far! Grow baby, grow. I mentioned before that I struggled with the idea of weight gain a bit at first, it was totally a mental thing. But I definitely know its best for the baby and she’s growing big and strong, so now I’m up for whatever it takes to keep this little babe healthy [and don’t pay attention to the number] and love seeing my growing belly.
Physical changes: My bump is bigger by the day! And it’s definitely a true baby bump now, not just an “oops, I ate Chipotle 6 times this week’ belly, haha! My ankles have been swollen on and off the past 2 weeks. I’m still having breakouts unfortunately, looks like that is something that will stick around for now. Bless those mamas out there who have beautiful glowing skin during pregnancy, I envy you! Along with my bump, my booty and boobs have gotten considerably bigger too…totally a buzzkill trying to find swimsuits that fit!
Workout: I’ve been continuing to work out every day! I plan to do this as long as I can. Though I will say it’s gettng a little more difficult [harder to bend over and I can feel myself waddling a little, ha!]. I’ve gotten questions about what I’m doing during pregnancy to stay in shape and healthy, so I’m working on a post in the next couple of days hopefully! I like to be as active as I can [even pre-pregnancy] to help with weight gain, so each day I make sure I’m doing something active. I think it makes me feel alot better, too.
Nursery: As I mentioned above, we are well on our way to creating the perfect space for our little one! We are going totally over the top, but how can you not?! She’s our first and we are obviously so excited, so it was a no-brainer.
Pregnancy items: Here’s a few things we’ve gotten and ones we have on the way —
- These Bellybuds — I just love this product! It’s headphones that you put on your tummy and your little one can listen to music or any recorded messages! Philip has recorded messages and I play them for her so she can hear his voice, since they start cognitively listening at 20 weeks [and they say this helps for them to recognize voices and sounds once they are born!]. It’s the sweetest thing 🙂 Also, there is an app where you can download albums…my favorite are current pop songs that are done in a classical twist, so pretty and she moves around like crazy when I play this for her!
- This mamaRoo — We have heard amazing things about this little gem! It’s movements basically mimic all the movements a mom makes while holding/rocking the baby! It has different movements and accompanying sounds as well. Can’t wait to see how Baby Blue likes this.
- These little moccasins…I die! She now has these in 5 colors/patterns and they couldn’t be cuter.
- This wrap by Solly Baby — I have heard SUCH good things about this one! I’m so excited to put it to use once she’s here.
- This swimsuit and this romper [with this matching bow!], both for next summer. Janie and Jack absolutely kills me with their adorable selection! If you catch them during one of their major sales, it’s always a good day 😉
- This monitor — it’s a little sock you slip on your baby’s foot and it monitors the vitals while they sleep! As paranoid as I already am, I know this will create the peace of mind I need. Stay tuned for a coupon code coming soon ?
- Just loving this brand — Aden + Anais. We’ve gotten some swaddles, blankets, and bibs. Amazing quality and such pretty prints!
- This pair of maternity jeans are my favorite. They come up over the belly, making them super comfy.
- This pillow – I was having so much trouble sleeping and getting comfortable and this pillow has been great. You can use it so many different ways and its made my nights so much more comfy.
- This cream – I’ve been using this to prevent and diminish stretch marks. I put it on after I get out of the shower and its been great, no stretch marks so far!
Thank yall SO much for following along on this journey and for your sweet words every single day! Yall are the best, xo!