Morning, babes! I hope yall had a great weekend 🙂 I’m sharing a look today with Chicwish and my week 28 bump! 28 weeks…I cannot believe we are in the third trimester! More on that below 😉 This dress is summer perfection! It’s $53 and I’m always a sucker for gingham print. I know I’ve been sharing a lot of fall looks lately, but definitely want to hold onto summer fashion just a little longer! Chicwish has tons of great new arrivals…I am also loving this maxi, the colors are stunning! Shop more favorites below —
Our sweet friends Emily and Edward had an incredible shower for us this weekend to celebrate little Baby Blue! It was the perfect day celebrating this little babe who is already so, so loved!
Dress: ASOS [I’m wearing US4]
How far along: 28 weeks! Less than 12 weeks to go, is this real life?!
Name: I mentioned this last time, but have gotten a lot of questions about her name, so just wanted to say that we do have her name, but we are waiting to share until she’s here ?
What are we most excited about next: Getting her nursery all done! We have made so much progress…chandelier up, curtains hung, crib and dresser put together, crib bedding on, glider is here, rug picked out, and closet done! I am absolutely in love with her room…it’s the most perfect space and definitely my new favorite room in the house. Some nights I just sit in there and can’t believe she will soon be here with us!
What are we least excited about: Becoming even more uncomfortable throughout the third trimester! I’m finally getting pretty darn uncomfortable, especially at night. I know this is the home stretch and it’s going to get even more intense, but will be so, SO worth it 🙂
Movement: All the time! My goodness, she is the most active little nugget! And she gets hiccups all the time, which is one the cutest things! At our shower this weekend, I was standing there and one of our friends saw my belly moving from across the table, which is just crazy to me! I absolutely love it, no better feeling! She moves around a ton especially after I eat strawberries, cherries, or ice cream. She also loves to move a ton once I’m laying down for the night and into the wee hours of the morning, definitely a night owl.
Belly button: Not an innie or an outie! It’s just completely flat haha, looks like it’s going to pop out but not sure if it will.
Size: Baby Blue is as big as an eggplant! About 2.25-2.50 pounds! Little babe is seriously growing like crazy!
How I’m feeling: To be honest, my energy has been back down lately! The second trimester was a breeze, I felt great! But about a week or so ago, I lost all my energy, encountered a TON of lower back and joint pain, and my nausea is back. Also, I have pretty bad swelling in my ankles by the end of the day. I did get a prenatal massage this weekend which was a LIFE.SAVER. My back is feeling great since that and it really helped me to relax. Highly recommend.
Sickness: Nausea is back. And food aversions are as well…certain foods I can’t even look at or I have to run to the bathroom.
Cravings: My hunger has died down a little. In the second trimester, I was literally eating everything in sight, ha! My biggest craving is by far fruit. I can’t go even just a few hours without super cold fruit…especially strawberries, cherries, grapes, and apples [with peanut butter]. I have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch nearly every day. I’ve been just LOVING waffles and bagles lately. I’m still eating jalapenos and putting hot sauce on absolutely everything. And of course, still Salata several times a week. My sweet tooth is also pretty over the top…#sugar #yesplease.
Aversions: Same as in my last update posts….I can’t do meat. Occasionally I’m okay with ground beef [like in tacos] but that is rare. I can’t do steak or hamburger or anything like that. Chicken is really hard for me to eat, that’s gotten worse. Fish is a little better, I’ve been able to do salmon. I still have issues with veggies and milk is difficult as well, though I’m trying!
Weight gain: About 12 pounds so far! Though it definitely feels like more!
Physical changes: My bump is bigger by the day! My ankles have been swollen on and off the past 2 weeks. Luckily, the only swelling I’m getting is my feet…my face and fingers are still okay. I’m still having breakouts unfortunately, especially when she has a big growth spurt I’ve noticed. Along with my bump, my booty and boobs have gotten considerably bigger too…I’ve had to by all new bras. It’s definitely getting hard to bend over because of my bigger bump.
Workout: I’ve been continuing to work out every day! I plan to do this as long as I can. Though I will say it’s gettng a little more difficult [harder to bend over and I can feel myself waddling a little, ha!]. I like to be as active as I can [even pre-pregnancy] to help with weight gain, so each day I make sure I’m doing something active. I think it makes me feel alot better, too.
Nursery: As I mentioned above, almost done! We are going totally over the top, but how can you not?! She’s our first and we are obviously so excited, so it was a no-brainer. Once she’s here, we will be doing a nursery reveal!
Pregnancy items: Here’s a few things we’ve gotten and ones we have on the way —
- These Bellybuds — I just love this product! It’s headphones that you put on your tummy and your little one can listen to music or any recorded messages! Philip has recorded messages and I play them for her so she can hear his voice, since they start cognitively listening at 20 weeks [and they say this helps for them to recognize voices and sounds once they are born!]. It’s the sweetest thing ? Also, there is an app where you can download albums…my favorite are current pop songs that are done in a classical twist, so pretty and she moves around like crazy when I play this for her!
- This stroller! We just got it put together this weekend and I love it. So smooth and easy to maneuver and put together/take apart, which was important for us.
- These bows – they come in a million colors and patterns and have the perfect amount of stretch.
- This mamaRoo — We have heard amazing things about this little gem! It’s movements basically mimic all the movements a mom makes while holding/rocking the baby! It has different movements and accompanying sounds as well. Can’t wait to see how Baby Blue likes this.
- These little moccasins…I die! She now has these in 6 colors/patterns and they couldn’t be cuter.
- This wrap by Solly Baby — I have heard SUCH good things about this one! I’m so excited to put it to use once she’s here.
- This monitor — it’s a little sock you slip on your baby’s foot and it monitors the vitals while they sleep! As paranoid as I already am, I know this will create the peace of mind I need. Stay tuned for a coupon code coming soon ?
- Just loving this brand — Aden + Anais. We’ve gotten some swaddles, blankets, and bibs. Amazing quality and such pretty prints!
- This pillow – I was having so much trouble sleeping and getting comfortable and this pillow has been great. You can use it so many different ways and its made my nights so much more comfy.
- This cream – I’ve been using this to prevent and diminish stretch marks. I put it on after I get out of the shower and its been great, no stretch marks so far!
Thank yall SO much for following along on this journey and for your sweet words every single day! xoxo!