Dress: SewTrendyAccessories ℅
Photos: Snapshots by Ailee Petrovic
Hi babes! First off…my heart is about to explode — cannot believe we are 39 weeks! Our sweet little babe will be here ANY day and I swear sometimes we still can’t believe it. Last night, as we were laying there, Philip said “I just can’t wait for my daughter to be here”…insert all the heart eye emojis. We are so in love with her already and we haven’t even met her yet! I have to admit, it’s a little bittersweet as I write my final Bumpdate post. As ready as I am for her to be here with us, I’m going to miss my sweet little bump and carrying her this close to me. We went on our final date night as ‘Blue Party of 2’ last night and it was perfect. All in all, I feel so lucky to have been blessed with a great pregnancy 🙂
How far along: 39 weeks! I will hit 40 weeks on Thursday and our official due date is Friday, the 14th. I actually go to my OB tomorrow though and at that time she is going to see how far dilated I am from last week [I was 1.5-2 cm last week] and perhaps do a few things to jumpstart labor! So REALLY could be any day now! Excited to see how my appointment goes.
Name: We will be sharing in just a few days when she’s here ?
What are we most excited about next: Her arrival, of course! And for me, sleeping on my tummy! I never knew how much I did it, until I couldn’t do it anymore.
What are we least excited about: My back pain and how uncomfortable I am. And labor…thought I’m totally excited about delivering her, I can’t help but be nervous about the actually delivery. Praying everything goes smoothly.
What I miss: Sleeping and laying on my tummy and back. Chicken fingers and fries [this has been my favorite food for over 25 years and I haven’t been able to eat it at all during pregnancy, so I’m hoping that goes back to normal]. Also missing my wine nights and sushi. Also, being able to do even the littlest things without becoming out of breath and sounding like I just ran a 10k.
Movement: Oh, all the time! She is the most active little babe. It’s super noticeable now too, we will be sitting there looking at my tummy and it does the “wave”, like she’s all over the place. Philip feels her move all the time, which is such a special thing. She’s still getting hiccups all the time, especially at night. She moves around a ton especially after I eat cold fruit, spicy things, and ice cream.
Belly button: Outie, for sure. There’s not denying it now, haha!
Size: Baby Blue is as big as a pumpkin! So seasonally appropriate 😉 For WEEKS, I’ve been saying to Philip I don’t know how my tummy can grow anymore, yet each day I wake up and swear its a little bit bigger. My app says around 7.23 pounds and 19.9 inches, but our babe is still measuring a bit small…doctor doesn’t think she’ll be much bigger than 6.5-7 pounds.
How I’m feeling:
- Exhausted! I’m back to needing my daily 2 hour nap. Insomnia is back in a major way…I’m usually awake a couple of hours of night in the middle of the night, just can’t get comfy. I’ve definitely feeling the exhaustion and it’s getting harder to do more things. I have a lack of energy and a TON of lower back and joint pain.
- Like I mentioned above, I get out of breath SO easily.
- Discomfort from Braxton Hicks, which I’ve had for a few weeks now.
- I have to pee every 30 minutes. I wish I was exaggerating! I’m constantly running to the bathroom. At night it’s terrible…luckily Philip sleeps through most of it, but I’m up about 10+ times a night.
Sickness: Not much at all. Occasional nausea, but it passes pretty quickly.
- I’m honestly not craving a WHOLE lot. My tummy is so full and everything in there feels so snug and squished, so it’s very hard for me to eat.
- Craving cereal and granola all day, every day.
- Still loving frozen m&ms and candy corn. Lots of sweets.
- I’m still eating peanut butter every single day, which is actually good for me because it’s helping with my protein intake, which I’ve been lacking.
- Meat is just a giant NO. Steaks, beef, hamburger, etc are for sure out of the question. Chicken is really hard for me to eat, too.
- I still have issues with veggies, but I’m trying.
- Fried foods [which is the worst because I used to love chicken fingers, fries, mozz sticks, you name it!]. I haven’t had fast food in MONTHS. Chick-fil-a, I miss ya boo.
Weight gain: I’ve actually lost a little in the third trimester due to the fact I’m having trouble eating, like I mentioned above. So all in all, I’m at about 24 pounds my whole pregnancy. And I know I’ve gotten some comments and questions from people asking if I’m eating enough, etc…I just wanted to say that at each appointment, I’ve spoken to my OB about this and she says that both the baby and myself are totally healthy, so it’s nothing to worry about 🙂
- My bump has gotten huge! I know so many people see my photos and say how I don’t have a big bump or they can barely tell I’m pregnant, but for me…it’s definitely big. Everyone’s body is different, so we should all embrace that ? It’s truly incredible what a woman’s body is capable of while growing a tiny human!
- Swollen ankles…super cute.
- It’s definitely getting hard to bend over because of my bigger bump. Philip has to help me with certain shoes, getting them on and off! He also has to help me out of bed and the recliner, because it’s so difficult to bend to get up.
Workout: I’ve still been continuing to work out every day! I’m walking a mile and a half each day, plus some arm exercises with light weights. I plan to still keep up with this as long as my body allows. I like to be as active as I can [even pre-pregnancy] to help with weight gain, so each day I make sure I’m doing something active. I think it makes me feel alot better, too.
Nursery: It’s been done! It’s the best room in our whole house, I love it so much. We will be doing a nursery reveal within the first couple of weeks she is here.
Items: Here’s a few things we’ve gotten and ones we have on the way —
- This stroller! We love it. So smooth and easy to maneuver and put together/take apart, which was important for us.
- This carseat which is nice and light-weight.
- This diaper bag which I thought would go with everything ?
- This book – I have heard it’s a lifesaver in establishing a great sleeping pattern for baby and parents. Will keep you updated!
- Lots of these bows – they come in so many colors/patterns and are perfectly stretchy.
- These shoes – will be perfect for the holidays!
- These Bellybuds — I just love this product! It’s headphones that you put on your tummy and your little one can listen to music or any recorded messages! Philip has recorded messages and I play them for her so she can hear his voice, since they start cognitively listening at 20 weeks [and they say this helps for them to recognize voices and sounds once they are born!]. It’s the sweetest thing ? Also, there is an app where you can download albums…my favorite are current pop songs that are done in a classical twist, so pretty and she moves around like crazy when I play this for her!
- This mamaRoo — We have heard amazing things about this little gem! It’s movements basically mimic all the movements a mom makes while holding/rocking the baby! It has different movements and accompanying sounds as well. Can’t wait to see how Baby Blue likes this.
- These little moccasins…I die! She now has these in 6 colors/patterns and they couldn’t be cuter.
- This wrap by Solly Baby — I have heard SUCH good things about this one! I’m so excited to put it to use once she’s here.
- This monitor — it’s a little sock you slip on your baby’s foot and it monitors the vitals while they sleep! As paranoid as I already am, I know this will create the peace of mind I need. Stay tuned for a coupon code coming soon ?
- Just loving this brand — Aden + Anais. We’ve gotten some swaddles, blankets, and bibs. Amazing quality and such pretty prints!
- This pillow – I was having so much trouble sleeping and getting comfortable and this pillow has been great. You can use it so many different ways and its made my nights so much more comfy.
- This cream – I’ve been using this to prevent and diminish stretch marks. I put it on after I get out of the shower and its been great, no stretch marks so far!
Thank yall SO much for following along on this journey! I appreciate all your love and sweet words, more than you know.