Hi sweet friends! Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Winter hit Houston again [meanwhile it was 70s last week?], so it was freezing…we did a lot of lounging around, which was nice.
One of the most-asked questions I receive as a blogger is – “what handbags are worth the splurge?”. I get so many emails and DMs each week asking if a specific bag is worth it, does it hold a lot, does it resist scratches, etc…so today, I’m here to review one of my very favorite Nordstrom purchases and I’m hopeful that this will help you when saving up and making the decision to splurge on a designer piece.
First off, I don’t take my designer purchases lightly. Before clicking ‘add to cart’, I do a lot of thinking and research.
- What bag will take me from season to season?
- What bag will hold up around my toddler?
- What bag make a statement?
- What bag will hold all the necessities?
- What bag will be versatile enough with my wardrobe?
I knew I had my eye on a Gucci bag with gold hardware and luckily Nordstrom has an incredible selection of Gucci items. [I also love their quick and easy shipping and their return policy, especially for big purchases like this!].
I also knew that I had plenty of dark bags, so I was going for a neutral. Specifically white. WHITE. Which I know, sounds terrifying. Especially with a baby! But I knew that white could be carried year round….in spring with florals, in summer with brights, in fall with neutrals, and in winter as a winter white.
I stumbled upon the holy grail of white bags – the GG Marmont 2.0 Matelasse. The second I received it, it was honestly love at first sight. The crisp gold hardware, the quilted leather, the chain detail, all of it. Plus, it truly is the perfect shade of white.
After carrying for months now, I am happy to report that it checks all the boxes in my checklist above.
- I’ve carried it through multiple seasons and it has transitioned perfectly.
- Even though its white and its hard to keep a bag super clean with a baby, you can’t see a single imperfection on this leather.
- It definitely makes a statement. I can dress it up like I did here or its equally as chic with skinny jeans and heels. In fact, I’ll often keep the rest of my outfit not too busy, to really let this bag speak for itself.
- I purchased the medium size and I’ve been quite happy with it. It holds all the necessities – wallet, makeup bag, keys, sunglasses, a snack for Harper, etc.
- It’s extremely versatile, which was very important to me. If I’m spending big bucks on a bag, I want to get all the bang I can for my buck. I can dress it up like I did here or its equally as chic with skinny jeans and heels.
All in all, this bag has been worth the splurge. It also comes in a gorgeous rose color too which would be equally as versatile! And in the best news — my go-to Gucci crossbody is back in stock on Nordstrom! This color sells out like hot cakes every single time, but it’s finally back.
I really hope this review has been helpful for yall! These are just a few of the things I look into when searching for the perfect splurge-worthy accessory. Be sure to check out Nordstrom for your next must-have accessory!
Today’s post is in collaboration with Nordstrom + rewardStyle. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the retailers that support For the Love of Fancy.