I can hardly believe as I’m sitting here typing this, that we are HALF WAY to meeting our sweet baby boy! I am absolutely over the moon to become a boy mama! I love having a little girl so much, but having one of each is going to be so amazing. In some aspects, I feel like this pregnancy has been creeping along [probably because I’ve been so sick the whole time], but in other aspects its flying by! Trying to enjoy every second with this babe growing inside of me. Even though I’ve done this before, it’s still so amazing to me what a woman’s body can do!
We have our 20 week appointment this afternoon with the big anatomy scan and we are so excited to see our little guy! Will keep yall updated on how that goes.
Jumping right into the 20 week bumpdate below and also including things that I get a ton of questions on from yall 🙂
HOW FAR ALONG: 20 weeks! Baby is the size of a banana [6.5 inches and 10 ounces].
DUE DATE: August 9th.
NAME: We have his name and will be sharing once he arrives 🙂
SICKNESS: Still going strong. I had about a week where I totally thought I was in the clear and then when we were in Hawaii, it came back with a vengeance and has been around since. The nausea still hits me and hits me hard. It totally knocks me on my butt. I’m in bed in my pajamas as I type this [its 2:30 in the afternoon, lol!]. I’m grateful it subsided a little and hopefully in the next few weeks it will be gone!
CRAVINGS: With this baby, I’ve been so darn hungry. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. Total opposite of my pregnancy with Harper. Even despite my nausea! I have to eat, or I’m miserable. My biggest cravings are super cold, crunchy salads, super cold fruit, so much cereal, peanut butter, jalapeños, avocados [what else is new], kolaches, and all the sweets. I’ve really been trying to watch my sweet intake, so I’ve cut back a lot, but I definitely crave sweets non-stop. Also, bowls. All my meals pretty much have to be in a bowl. I know that sounds bizarre and it’s so hard to explain. Every meal, Philip is like “WOW, another bowl…I’m shocked!”. So things like zuchini noodles with salmon in a bowl, salads, riced cauliflower with ground turkey in a bowl…I’m telling yall, it has to be in a bowl so I can mix it all together or it’s not happening.
AVERSIONS: Still not loving most meat. Steak is an absolute no. Philip made it last night for my parents and him…I couldn’t handle it at all, so I had salmon. He also cooked ribs the other day for some of our friends and I about died, not even being dramatic! Milk is a big aversion and so are all vegetables pretty much.
SYMPTOMS: Back pain, sore boobs, tons of round ligament pain, trouble sleeping, peeing like crazy, and crazy hormones. Poor Philip, bless him for putting up with me! The other night I cried during an episode of Survivor. SURVIVOR. I CRIED. Why? No one knows, haha! These hormones are a crazy thing!
PHYSICAL CHANGES: I feel like my bump has doubled in size! It’s huge! Especially compared to my bump with Harper. It’s so much bigger so much faster this time around. If this is 20 weeks, I’m nervous to see what 40 weeks will look like, ha! I’ve transitioned into a lot of maternity clothing…some jeans and dresses because they’re so comfy. Also, my chest has grown quite a bit. And still have allll the breakouts….face, chest, arms…not the best. But what can ya do. No stretch marks so far, I apply cream daily. More on that below.
MOST EXCITED ABOUT: Starting his nursery! We just had his room painted on Tuesday and we’ve ordered his furniture! We also got his rug yesterday so it’s all starting to come together, just how I pictured it! Can’t wait to share it with yall.
EXERCISE: I workout every single day. This is super important to me, especially when I’m pregnant. I love to stay active and it makes me feel less guilty about giving into some of my food cravings every once in a while. I walk 2-3 miles each day, as well as do light exercises with my weights to work on arms. I also do some squats as well. I worked out my entire pregnancy with Harper [until the day I went into labor] and intend to do this same this time. I’ve been getting so many questions about workout/eating…so I will try to put together a dedicated post on that for yall.
BIRTH PLAN: I learned very quickly during my intense labor with Harper that things don’t always go according to plan. So for this baby, I won’t have a crazy in-depth birth plan. I do know I will want an epidural again, thats a given. The other part of the plan we have so far is we plan for me to have a VBAC [vaginal birth after cesarean]. Even though my labor with Harper resulted in an emergency C-section, my doctor thinks a VBAC will be a perfect option for me this time around. Even though I am very nervous about it, I’m also excited.
- DOCKATOT – one of our favorite products when we had Harper! We are so excited to use it again with this baby. It’s perfect for lounging and making sure your baby is safe when not in your arms. This is one of our top baby products for sure and it got so much use with Harper. For baby boy, we went with the marble print which is so fun! Also, they now have the added option of the toy arch + hanging toys for added entertainment for baby!
- Cosabella Nursing Bras – I do plan on nursing this baby, so I’m starting to stock up on nursing bras. This one is gorgeous and also comfortable. A win/win.
- Copper Pearl – bibs and swaddles. The softest materials and I love the adorable bandana bibs! We loved these for Harper but it was fun to pick out new prints and colors for baby boy.
- Aden and Anais bibs – always love the prints on these muslin bibs. So many great colors and patterns! Also love LOVE their swaddles!
- Aden and Anais diapers – love the prints on these diapers! The brand sent over some for Harper and we are loving them, so I’m stocking up on some cute ones for baby too.
- Ingrid & Isabel – one of my very favorite maternity brands! I lived in their dresses during my pregnancy with Harper and this one will be no different! This is one of my favorite comfy dresses, comes in so many colors and works throughout your entire pregnancy.
- Denim Shorts – stocked up on some cute pairs for spring and summer! Maternity clothes aren’t always the easiest to find cute options, but these shorts are a definite win.
- The Ollie Swaddle – like I’ve said before, swaddles are the holy grail. We got this one in the gorgeous sky blue and its supposed to help with the transition from the womb and helps to reduce the Moro [startle] reflex in babies.
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – this is so neat! I had this with Harper as well and cannot begin to explain how many questions I would get on this anytime we were at the grocery or Target! It attaches to the cart and provides a hammock for your baby to safely lay in while you shop! So much better than the infant car seat that takes up 3/4th of the shopping cart!
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – the best for preventing stretch marks! I used all throughout my first pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretch mark. As soon as I found out I was pregnant again, I started using it. I apply every morning and night after my showers.
- Baby Breez Luxie – this material is so darn soft! We got the marble print and grey for baby boy and I can’t wait to put him in them! They have mitten + footie cuffs, which is great and they are made of the softest, breathable fabric.
- Snoogle Pillow – the best invention ever. Being pregnant makes it really difficult to get comfortable in bed. I’m a back sleeper and a tummy sleeper and neither of those positions are okay while pregnant. This pillow makes it comfy to sleep on your side! I’m so obsessed with this. We have a trip next weekend and I’m seriously debating what I can leave at home so that I can have room to pack this in my suitcase!
Thank yall so much for following along! You guys are the best, xo!