HELLLLOOO THIRD TRIMESTER, GOOD-BYE FEET! Seriously though, has anyone seen my feet? This baby bump is large and in charge, but I love that he’s growing big and strong in there! It’s been about a month since my last Bumpdate and since I’m now in the third trimester/home stretch, I thought it would be a good time for another one.
Jumping right into the 28 week bumpdate below and also including things that I get a ton of questions on from yall 🙂 I’ve been compiling all the questions I’ve gotten from yall and hope I cover everything here.
HOW FAR ALONG: 28 weeks today! Baby is the size of a eggplant [14.8 inches and 2.2 pounds].
DUE DATE: August 9th. Though I keep having this feeling he may be a little early, based on symptoms I’m having.
SIZE: He’s still measuring a little small right now, just under the 50 percentile. Still has time to grow, so doctor isn’t worried!
WEIGHT GAIN: I just want to preface this by saying — every woman and every body is totally different! And no matter what, your body is doing an amazing thing, growing a human, so you have to be proud of that. Don’t put too much emphasis on this. I hesitate to even delve into this because I’ve received comments on both ends of the spectrum…that my bump is so big and also that I’m too skinny and not giving the baby enough. My OB is very happy with where I’m at and everything looks healthy, so I’m not worried. So like I said, please just remember that each body is beautiful and we are all totally different 🙂 To answer this question, so far in this pregnancy, I’ve gained about 14 pounds.
NAME: We will be sharing once he arrives! I’ve been ordering monogrammed pieces for him and I want to cry every time I get mail and see his name or initials 🙂
HOW IM FEELING: Honestly, not my best. I wish I could say this pregnancy is all rainbows and butterflies, but I’m here to be totally honest. I’m still nauseous occasionally, but its much better than it was. However, these past couple of weeks I’ve not been feeling great. Exhaustion has hit me hard and this pregnancy has really started to take a toll on my body. I’ll chat a little more on that below.
CRAVINGS: My cravings have finally slowed down a little bit. I still constantly crave cold fruit [especially grapes!] and cereal/granola, but thats about it. Also still loving super cold berries, oatmeal, crunchy salads, peanut butter, ice cream, and pretzels. My cravings just aren’t intense like they were for the past like…20 weeks haha. It feels like I’m finally running out of room in there, so I’m just not hungry quite as often as I used to be.
AVERSIONS: Meat is still a big one. I love salmon and chicken, but other than that…still not loving most meat. Steak is a no.
SYMPTOMS: While I am incredibly grateful to be growing a tiny human [and I honestly hate to complain at all!], I’ve had a rough few weeks lately. I’m having tons of round ligament pain, which is extreme pain in your pelvic area as everything is stretching. Braxton Hicks contractions started about a week ago, so I’ve been dealing with that. Sometimes a little painful, but mostly just very very uncomfortable. I didn’t feel these until about 36 weeks with Harper, so I was shocked to feel them already with this babe. I mentioned it to my OB at my appointment on Monday and I just have to keep an eye on them, to make sure I’m not getting 4+ in an hour. Also…SO MUCH BACK PAIN. Sore boobs, trouble sleeping, peeing like crazy, and crazy hormones. I definitely feel all my symptoms so much faster this time around.
PHYSICAL CHANGES: My baby bump is not messing around! No other way to describe it haha. Especially compared to my bump with Harper. It’s so much bigger so much faster this time around. My chest has also grown. Breakouts are a little better, but still around occasionally. No stretch marks at all. And I haven’t had any swelling yet.
MOVEMENT: All the time! Throughout the entire day but he’s especially active at night. In fact, he wakes me up sometimes because his movements are so intense. But nothing I love more than that feeling 🙂 Sometimes, he’s so vigorous that you can already see my tummy move from the outside!
BELLY BUTTON: Definitely an outie! It popped around week 20 this time, SO early!
MOST EXCITED ABOUT: Finishing up his nursery! Can’t wait to share it with yall. We are just about done! It’s time to start all the loads and loads of baby laundry to get everything washed and ready. I also plan on packing my hospital bag in the next couple of weeks. I can also do a dedicated post on that as well, because I’ve gotten questions on what to pack.
LEAST EXCITED ABOUT: Labor itself. I’m absolutely terrified, if we’re being brutally honest. I know I’ve been through it once before and should know what to expect, but I honestly feel clueless. Harper’s birth went nothing like we planned, so I’m scared how this time is going to go.
EXERCISE: This is one of my most asked questions on Instagram. Yall always want to know what I do to stay in shape while growing a babe, so hopefully this helps a little. First of all, I do workout every single day. That is totally a personal choice and I know each mama is different, which is fine! This is super important to me, especially when I’m pregnant. I love to stay active and it makes me feel less guilty about giving into some of my food cravings every once in a while. I do 3+ miles each day, as well as do light exercises [12 pound weights each arm] with my weights to work on arms. I also do some squats as well, which is supposed to get your hips/pelvis ready for labor…so its a win/win. I worked out my entire pregnancy with Harper [until the day I went into labor] and intend to do this same this time.
SKINCARE: Lots of questions on this as well. I want to start off by saying, I clear everything I use with my OB. I’ve asked her about every makeup, bath, beauty product I have, just to be safe.
- Morning and night I use this cleanser — I’ve used this for nearly 2 years now and it’s completely changed my skin. I absolutely love it. Use code: KATEBLUE to save 20% off.
- Morning and night I use this moisturizer — I was using my tried and true day and night cream but this one does contain a small amount of retinol, which isn’t recommended by my OB for pregnant or nursing mamas. So I’ve temporarily switched and I’ve been loving it. Makes my skin baby soft and keeps it hydrated.
- Morning and night I use this cream for preventing stretch marks. I used this all throughout my pregnancy with Harper and never got a stretch mark. So far, it’s prevented stretch marks this pregnancy as well.
- As for my tanning routine, I exfoliate before applying tanner with this scrub and this dry brush. After showering I apply either St. Tropez or St. Moriz. To maintain my tan throughout the week, I use this lotion. I use these drops to maintain color on my face, twice a week. I just mix in with the moisturizer I mentioned above.
PRENATAL VITAMINS: I take the Women’s 1 a Day Prenatal Vitamins and I always get the ones that have DHA + Folic Acid…both of which are very important for the growth of the babe.
BIRTH PLAN: I learned very quickly during my intense labor with Harper that things don’t always go according to plan. So for this baby, I won’t have a crazy in-depth birth plan. I do know I will want an epidural again, thats a given. The other part of the plan we have so far is we plan for me to have a VBAC [vaginal birth after cesarean]. Even though my labor with Harper resulted in an emergency C-section, my doctor thinks a VBAC will be a perfect option for me this time around. Even though I am very nervous about it, I’m also excited for a different labor experience this time around!
- Moby Baby Wrap – I learned very quickly with Harper that a wrap was a must-have for new moms. She loved being held and close to me, so a wrap was a great option so I could have my hands-free! This one is so soft and I love the charcoal grey for baby boy.
- Petunia Pickle Bottom – Yall have seen this brand on my Insta Stories a few times and know I’m a big fan. I always love the fun prints! I recently got this Pacifier Case which is great for being out and about and keeping the pacifier in one spot and clean. I also got this bottle case for my diaper bag which holds a bottle and keeps it insulated.
- Lamaze Intimates – this brand of nursing and sleep bras is so incredibly comfy. Not to mention, super reasonably priced. In my photo above, I’m wearing one of them and I’ve been living in it. With my growing chest, it’s been most comfortable to sleep in a bra and these have been my go-tos. I will keep yall posted on how they are for nursing.
- Luxury Labour – this is a new-to-me product and I was so excited when the company reached out to me! This company puts together a hospital bag for you and for baby, checking one more thing of your never-ending to-do list! This would make an amazing shower gift for any mama-to-be. The bag comes complete with a duffle bag, nightgown, robe, shower shoes, socks, toiletries, maternity pads, etc. Theres also an option for a baby bag as well which comes with a baby blanket, kimono, matching hat, diapers, etc. Seriously the best idea! I’ll be sharing more in-depth next week! Use code: MAMA2B for 10% off the whole site!
- DOCKATOT – one of our favorite products when we had Harper! We are so excited to use it again with this baby. It’s perfect for lounging and making sure your baby is safe when not in your arms. This is one of our top baby products for sure and it got so much use with Harper. For baby boy, we went with the marble print which is so fun! Also, they now have the added option of the toy arch + hanging toys for added entertainment for baby!
- Cosabella Nursing Bras – I do plan on nursing this baby, so I’m starting to stock up on nursing bras. This one is gorgeous and also comfortable. A win/win.
- Copper Pearl – bibs and swaddles. The softest materials and I love the adorable bandana bibs! We loved these for Harper but it was fun to pick out new prints and colors for baby boy.
- Aden and Anais bibs – always love the prints on these muslin bibs. So many great colors and patterns! Also love LOVE their swaddles!
- Aden and Anais diapers – love the prints on these diapers! The brand sent over some for Harper and we are loving them, so I’m stocking up on some cute ones for baby too.
- Ingrid & Isabel – one of my very favorite maternity brands! I lived in their dresses during my pregnancy with Harper and this one will be no different! This is one of my favorite comfy dresses, comes in so many colors and works throughout your entire pregnancy.
- Denim Shorts – stocked up on some cute pairs for spring and summer! Just got these and these
- The Ollie Swaddle – like I’ve said before, swaddles are the holy grail. We got this one in the gorgeous sky blue and its supposed to help with the transition from the womb and helps to reduce the Moro [startle] reflex in babies.
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – this is so neat! I had this with Harper as well and cannot begin to explain how many questions I would get on this anytime we were at the grocery or Target! It attaches to the cart and provides a hammock for your baby to safely lay in while you shop! So much better than the infant car seat that takes up 3/4th of the shopping cart!
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – the best for preventing stretch marks! I used all throughout my first pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretch mark. As soon as I found out I was pregnant again, I started using it. I apply every morning and night after my showers.
- Snoogle Pillow – the best invention ever. Being pregnant makes it really difficult to get comfortable in bed. I’m a back sleeper and a tummy sleeper and neither of those positions are okay while pregnant. This pillow makes it comfy to sleep on your side! I’m so obsessed with this. We have a trip next weekend and I’m seriously debating what I can leave at home so that I can have room to pack this in my suitcase!
Thank yall so much for following along! You guys are the best, xo!